- You can use the Database solely for the purpose of your own research.
- You can copy and distribute copies of this licence document, but changing it is not allowed.
- You must not remove any copyright notice from the Database and you must acknowledge the source of the Database as The Organisation of Central Government Departments: A History 1964-1992
- You can distribute the Database to others only on terms identical to this licence [and in accordance with the policy for the reproduction of Crown copyright material].
- If you distribute copies of the Database you must give the recipients all the rights that you have.
- You must keep the Database intact. If you modify, add or amend the Database you must identify yourself as the author of the changes.
- To allow the continued free distribution of the Database you agree to waive any proprietary rights you may have in the additions, modifications and amendments made by you.
- You must not charge a fee for distributing the Database or use the Database for any commercial purpose either directly or indirectly.
- You use the Database at your own risk.
- We do not give you any express warranties of quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or any other warranties.
- We exclude all warranties, conditions, undertakings, terms and obligations implied by law or trade usage to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
- We shall not be liable for any consequential or indirect loss suffered by you whether it arises from your use or liability to use the Database or from breach of duty in contract tort or any other way including negligence. Non exhaustive illustrations of consequential or indirect loss would be loss of profits or revenue, loss of contracts, loss of goodwill, loss of anticipated savings and liabilities to third parties.
- We shall not be liable for loss of your data or your data being rendered inaccurate or the failure of the Database to operate with other programs.
- In respect of direct loss we exclude all liability to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- This licence is governed by the laws of England and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.